WE BELIEVE THAT WE ARE ALL CALLED TO SERVE OTHERS AND SHARE THE LOVE OF CHRIST IN THE WORLD. LOCAL MISSIONS ARE OUR WAY OF SHARING THAT LOVE WITHIN THE GAINESVILLE COMMUNITY AND LIVING INTO OUR MISSION AT GATOR WESLEY TO CONNECT STUDENTS TO THEIR COMMUNITY AND TO THE WORLD.
Faith Mission is an organization that is based out of a past UM church on the Eastside of Gainesville. They serve their community in a variety of ways and make an effort to ask community members how they can help the most. We have several opportunities to get involved at Faith Mission and they would love to have you be part of this neighborhood collaboration! Check out Faith Mission here: http://www.trinitygnv.org/faith-mission
Kid’s Count is an after-school program that provides students with an opportunity for social skills development, tutoring, and enrichment activities (parties!).
- Kids Count welcomes volunteers for the K-3rd grade after school program helping with homework and supporting the staff with fun activities. Volunteers are needed and can choose Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 4:30-5:45pm or Wednesdays from 3:30-5:00pm.
- Kids Count is implementing a reading tutoring program called Winning Reading Boost. They need volunteers to work in small groups with students as they go through the curriculum. Volunteers are needed and can choose Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 3:30-4:30pm or Wednesdays from 2:30-3:30pm.
- Have a hobby or vocation you would like to share with kids? Come join Kids Count students on a Friday afternoon during their enrichment days to share your interests with the students.
SMILE - Rawlings Elementary
- Do you have 30 minutes once a week during lunch to be an “encourager” for a Rawlings student? The SMILE mentoring program builds encouragement for students who will benefit the most. Volunteers come during the school lunch period once a week. Contact the SMILE team or Ward Simonton (352-416-3050) for more info.
- Can you share your love of reading? The Reading Pal program asks volunteers to come twice a week to read with two students for 30 minutes each session. Please contact An Nguyen, if you can share your love of books with Rawlings students.
Faith Mission - Childcare Team
Love children and have a desire to bless their caregivers with a break? Did you know up to 65% of families with children are single parent households in our Faith Mission neighborhood?
- Women to Women (W2W) needs monthly childcare volunteers to bless Faith Mission community caregivers with an hour “off” so they can enjoy fellowship over lunch. W2W meetings are currently held 3rd Thursday of the month at noon at Faith Mission.
- Want to help out so parents can attend events and special worship services held at Faith Mission? Be part of Faith Mission’s childcare team that provides childcare for special worship services and events. Participate in our childcare orientation and then volunteer for events when ability allows.
Please contact Meghan Williams to learn more about being involved with this ministry.